$14.40 $24.00 You save: 40% ($9.60)
Fun and easy stuffed fish! A great way to use fabric scraps and fat quarters to create something beautiful - quilters-weight cotton works perfect for this project. There are a total of 15 fish and each one is created in a single hooping and they are all double-sided, meaning the design is on the front and back 360-degrees so they look good from all angles. The only finishing needed is to hand stitch the small hole after it is stuffed. Each fish follows the same sequence making them easy and efficient to stitch.
They stitch up quick with between 1,000 and 6,000 stitches for each fish and between 4 and 7 color stops.
The hoops sizes for the small set are 4x4 (four fish) and 5x7 (four fish) and the large set includes 6x10 (two fish), 7x12 (three fish), 8x8 (one fish) and 8x14 (one fish). In the drop-down menu you can select whether you want to purchase the 4x4 and 5x7 sizes, the 6x10 to 8x14 sizes, or the combo which includes all 15 fish. Look at the last two photo's to see what's included in each set.
Here are some ideas to use the fish:
- add a round sticky magnet to the back of the small ones and use them as fridge magnets;
- give a bundle of fish tied with a string at the nose as a hostess gift, especially if you are being hosted at someone's cottage for the weekend (great cottage decor!);
- string several of them on a nice piece of driftwood for some wall decor;
- hang several from a round embroidery hoop for a mobile;
- make a bunch of 4x4 sardines, or use the 5x7 fish, and add a magnet into the nose of each to create a fishing game; you can put the small ones in a sardine tin with a chopstick fishing pole and it would make a great gift/office toy for a guy who likes to fish;
- stuff with catnip for a fun cat toy.
*Please note these are machine embroidery in the hoop (ITH) designs, not sewing patterns, and they can only be used with an embroidery machine.