Hoop Size 6x10, 7x12, 8x10, 8x11
An easy, fun and fabulous waist bag - very practical for a festival, dog-walking, or a trip to the market - go completely hands-free! You can make the pouch so that it clips to a waist strap (instructions are included for a webbing belt) or it can be made to clip directly to your belt loops with swivel hooks or attach it to your own belt with snaps.
This awesome waist bag was inspired by the very cool "Dayna Pack" sewing pattern by designer and bag-maker LindsHandmade. If you would like to purchase the sewing pattern you can find it on Etsy at this link (also check out her shop if you would like to order a custom bag creation!).
The pouch is fully lined, stitches in one hooping with 10 color stops, less than 3,000 stitches, using one color of thread.
Pouch sizes were created to maximize the various machine hoops (all 5 sizes come in all formats so you can pick the one that suits you best):
- 6x10 small (5.8" x 9.45" / 150 x 240 mm) for Husqvarna/Pfaff (eg: Topaz 40, Pfaff Creative 1.5)
- 6x10 large (6.1" x 10.1" / 160 x 260 mm) for Brother/Babylock
- 7x12 for Brother & Babylock 180 x 300 mm (eg: Innov-is V3 or VE2200; Babylock Journey)
- 8x10 for Husqvarna/Pfaff 200 x 260 mm (eg: Topaz 50, Ruby, Creative 3.0)
- 8x11 for Janome 200 x 280 mm (eg: 500e, MC12000)
Materials required to make the pouches:
- cotton, linen, home dec, fabric for the front panel top and bottom, up to 14" x 14";
- cotton (or other) fabric for the lining, up to one fat quarter;
- cotton, lightweight vinyl, leatherette, cork, linen (or any supple fabric) for the exterior corners and back, up to 14" x 14";
- up to 1 yard of 20" wide fusible interfacing such as Pellon ShapeFlex SF101 (to fuse to the back of all cotton/linen/home dec pieces to add structure and strength and prevent fraying);
- one zipper, minimum length 12-14";
- 12" cotton webbing or sturdy ribbon 1/2" - 1" wide for the side tabs;
- Two 1/2" swivel hooks, or two grommets, or two snap sets;
- Optional: 1" wide nylon webbing for the waist strap, 44" long (will fit hips 34" - 50" girth - you can adjust as necessary) plus strap adjuster slider plus either two 1" swivel hooks or two 1" D-rings;
Please note these are machine embroidery in the hoop (ITH) designs, not sewing patterns, and they can only be used with an embroidery machine.